Deadline: January 31, 2015, 17:00 MSK (13:00 GMT)
The fifth edition of the Festival will take place at the Schusev State Museum of Architecture from April 21 till June 21, 2015.
Space is at the same time a philosophic category, our everyday reality and a basic concept in architecture.
But what kind of space is more interesting for artists?
– A space existing in close relation with time – the Chronotope (from Greek χρόνος, «time» and τόπος, «space») or a space as an expansion?
– A microcosm or outer space?
– A space of our homes or immense spaces around?
– Our personal space that we keep closed for everybody or another person's space that is kept closed for us?
– Is it social or cultural space?
– Virtual space: living within it, living with it or living without it?
– Space as emptiness or space as a receptacle?
– Architectural space vs. natural landscapes?
– Space in Cartesian system of axes vs. space within the coordinates system of past, present and future?
In year 2015 the festival is being held at the Schusev State Museum of Architecture, in the unique space of “Ruin” wing – three-storeyed building created in the end of XVIII century by Russian architect M.F.Kazakov and now preserved in its disintegrating condition.
“The real material for architecture is space, not stone” – a Russian architect Nikolay Ladovsky said. And it’s exactly an architectural space that we put in the center of our attention this year: cities and buildings, architectural ensembles and villages, a variety of architectural styles and a monotony of mass housing development, architecture of the future and the ruins of the remote or recent past.
There is no entry fee.
All rights on videos remain property of authors.
Submitted videos must have been completed after January 1, 2012.
Running time is up to 10 min.
Entry form must be completed online.
Each applicant may send maximum 3 submissions for single-channel videos.
All the films selected for the competition program will be considered by the jury.
The authors of the best films will be awarded. The Festival’s Prize Fund is 120,000 rubles.
Please read carefully the participation terms, fill out the online entry form on the Festival’s website and send your work via file sharing.